The Heart of Lion's Sustainability
Lion focuses on Health, Comfort, and the Environment to support everyday living and promote happier, richer lives for all people.
Lion's ideal vision can be traced to our founder Tomijiro Kobayashi's spirit of "working for the benefit of people and society." This ideal, to contribute to society through business activities," has inspired our drive to promote happier, richer lives for all people. Today, the spirit of the ideal is expressed in our Company Motto, Management Philosophy and the Lion Group Charter for Corporate Behavior.
Lion Corporation positions “Fulfilling a Spirit of Love” as fundamental to its management, and thus contributes to the enrichment of the happiness and lives of people.
- 1. We bring together the power of our personnel, the power of our technology and the power of our marketing as we provide superior products that are helpful in the daily lives of people.
- 2. We respect the "Spirit of Tenacity and Creativity" that we have maintained since our founding as we continue developing our business.
- 3. We deeply appreciate all those who extend their valuable support to us as we prosper together through sincerity and mutual trust.
Lion's Basic Approach to Sustainability
The Lion Group Charter for Corporate Behavior and Behavioral Guidelines were established to help realize Lion's Company Motto and Management Philosophy. By acting in line with the charter and guidelines and by implementing Sustainability-related activities, each and every employee contributes to the creation of sustainable living that is clean, healthy and comfortable.
Lion Group Charter for Corporate Behavior
We, the Lion Group, shall, in addition to being an economic entity designated to pursue profits through fair competition, act as a social entity that contributes to society at large. We shall respect human rights and conduct ourselves with initiative in a socially responsible manner toward the creation of a sustainable society, observing both the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws and international rules and not harming the public interest, both in Japan and abroad, in accordance with the following 10 principles.
- Principal Mission
- Compliance with Public Rules
- Environmental Issues
- Improvement of Working Environments
- Contribution to Society
- Opposition to Antisocial Forces
- Contribution in Foreign Countries
- Practice of Corporate Ethics
- Resolution of Problems
Lion has been a regular part of everyday life for more than 120 years. In that time, we have seen how ordinary days, one at a time, add up to a lifetime. Moreover, we have come to believe that each new day is the first step into a bright future, and that living every day positively and to the fullest is the essence of happiness. That is why we have made it our mission at Lion to contribute to ordinary life, every day, and reflected this commitment in our corporate slogan.