Today, the views of consumers related about livelihood and health are undergoing qualitative transformation. Rather than being concerned simply about treating their illnesses and living a long life, consumers are now showing more concern about living comfortable and fulfilling lifestyles. Moreover, with the explosion in the world’s population on the horizon, people are paying more attention than before to the sustainability of growth in society. Another way of thinking that is changing is that we are moving from a zero-sum competitive society, where everyone wants to seize a piece of the pie, to a more collaborative plus-sum society where people are seeking to create and expand value in society as a whole.
With an awareness of these changes in society, Lion has prepared its management vision, entitled “Vision 2020,” which sets forth Lion’s ideal and basic strategies of how its activities will unfold between now and 2020.
The Ideal Lion Corporation in Fiscal 2020
In the midst of these social changes, Lion has established three visions that it will contribute to realizing through the year 2020. These are Health, Comfort, and Environment. Lion will strive to….
- Be a company that creates value for lifestyle and spiritual fulfillment
- Be a company that is advanced in the area of environmental responsiveness
- Be a company that continues to take on challenges, create and learn
- The Ideal Lion Corporation in Fiscal 2020
- A company that creates value for lifestyle and spiritual fulfillment long into the future by consistently safeguarding health, comfort, and the environment for people each and every day
To realize the three visions of Vision 2020, Lion is continuing to pursue four strategic activities.
- Quantitative Growth of Domestic Businesses—Cultivate Leading Brands
- Nurture corporate brands that will be supported by consumers and business partners and work to increase corporate value
- Quantitative Expansion of Overseas Businesses—Establish Business Leadership in Asia
- In Asia, where economic growth and rising standards of living are expected, Lion will actively expand its business activities.
- Development of New Business Value—Develop Direct & Service Business Models
- Along with implementing growth strategies in its current businesses, Lion is taking initiatives to develop and expand new businesses.
- Enhancement of Organizational Learning Capabilities—Rejuvenate the Organization and Nurture Human Resources
- Lion will not confine itself to existing frameworks but will boldly take on the challenges of the future and aim to be an organization that continues to learn organically of its own accord.